Olive Oil Poached HalibutShare this with the world
- 4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 150 grams halibut fillets, skinned and boned
- 1 whole head of garlic cut in half
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Place the olive oil into a large ovenproof dish. Cover the fish with olive oil 3/4 of the way. Add the garlic and herbs. Cover the fish directly with a piece of parchment paper.
- Poach the fish until firm and completely translucent (about 15 minutes). Gently remove the fish and discard the garlic and herbs. Strain the oil and refrigerate covered.
The oil can be used to poach fish again and will keep for up to 2 weeks.