- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) halibut filet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Sear halibut until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to the pan, and sauté until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, and red peppers; stir to combine. Nestle halibut into the pan, and simmer until fish is flaky and cooked all the way through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Stir in sage, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.