Lettuce Lamb Pockets Posted on 22 Jul 02:18
- 1/4 cup ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon grass, sliced,
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 500 g minced lamb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 12 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
1. For dressing, puree first 5 ingredients in blender. Let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Strain mixture into a small bowl. Squeeze liquid from solids and discard solids.
3. Add sweet chili sauce.Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add seasoned ground Lamb. Sautee until cooked through. Drain off fat. Remove from pan and transfer to mixing bowl.
5. Add remaining tablespoon oil to sauté pan. Sauté asparagus and red pepper until tender.
6. Add to lamb. Reserve ¼ cup dressing and add the remaining dressing to coat mixture well.
7. Arrange lettuce cups on a platter. Trimming edges on any oversized leaves.
8. Spoon approximately 2 heaping tablespoons lamb-asparagus mixture into lettuce cups. Serve remaining sauce along side.
9. Serve at room temperature.