- 4 Barramundi Fillets (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 T Chile Powder
- 1/2 t. Cumin Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (cut into medium slices)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (cut into medium slices)
- 2 T. Peanut Oil
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 8-12 Yellow Corn Tortillas (Peanut oil as needed for tortillas)
- 1 C. Monterey Jack and/or Mild Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 Sear veggies using half the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-hi heat for about 4 minutes (softened but not wilted). Remove from pan.
2 Add remainder of oil to pan and add fish, skin side down. Cook about 2 minutes.
3 Add spices and stir fish once with a spatula, trying not to break it too much.
4 Cook one additional minute. Add veggies to the fish, gently mix and remove from heat.
5 In a clean pan over low heat put a few drops of oil, add a tortilla and gently move around with fingers, flip and repeat, until warmed and softened.
6 About 1 minute. Stack warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with clean dish towel to keep warm.
7 Serve at once. Allow diners to spoon fish into tacos and add cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc., as desired. Eat with hands.